Tuesday 20 October 2015

Custom Relay Panel

Hi All,

Wow..it's been more than a year since my last post.


Will try to update more often. Today I'll just share with you the customized relay panel that I have made for the car. The main purpose for this mod is that I wanted a cleaner look for the relays that I was going to use to power the accessories that I have in mind. After researching in Google, I bought the necessary items online and at the infamous Jalan Pasar.


It all started with a blank piece of acrylic that I bought at a hardware store in Bangi.

The piece of acrylic after cutting and drilling holes
After carefully planning the layout of the relays, fuses, wire terminals and wire routing, I drilled holes in the acrylic for the wires to go through. The idea is to have the wires tucked in behind the panel for a cleaner look. Each wire is routed behind the panels using rubber grommets. 

These are the end result...

Front view
Rear view
Due to the lack of available space in the engine bay, the only available option to mount the panel was on top of the battery. This location also enabled me to have the live wire from the positive terminal to the fuses to be as short as possible, an important safety precaution in case of a short circuit.


This relay panel is activated by a switch panel inside the car which I am currently using to power my 14 inch SPAL fan. 

I will include the information of the switch panel in my next post..




No comments:

Post a Comment